Serve in Emergency Medical Services
CVFD provides volunteer opportunities for individuals with ECA, EMT, AEMT, or Paramedic certifications.
Are you EMS certified and looking for a way to give back to your community? Are you on the path to finding a career in healthcare and looking to gain some valuable field experience? Community Volunteer Fire Department (CVFD) is one of the few places where you can use your EMS certification as a volunteer at a high volume fire department. CVFD provides opportunities for individuals with ECA, EMT, AEMT, or Paramedic certifications in the State of Texas to serve on our front line fleet of ambulances.
What makes serving with CVFD different than volunteering at another EMS provider in the area? Most 911 EMS providers in the area are paid and do not provide the opportunity to serve as a volunteer. Typically, if the EMS provider allows volunteers you will be placed on the ambulance as an additional person alongside two paid members. CVFD is unique in that you are serving on the ambulance with another volunteer. You are the one in charge of the scene. You are the one making life saving decisions. You are making the difference. Maybe this sounds like more than you’re ready for at this point in time. Don’t worry. Our EMS precepting program will guide you along and help you become ready for 911 operations. CVFD routinely responds to incidents you may hear about on the news such as motor vehicle collisions (MVCs), gunshot wounds, rescues, stabbings, assaults, cardiac arrests, strokes, and many more emergency situations.
Becoming a first responder is truly a life changing decision. The experiences to be gained and the impact to be made is unparalleled in any other profession.
Interested? Check out our FAQs page and then submit an Application! If you’re not entirely sure emergency services is the field for you, Contact Us or stop by any of our stations. We’d love to talk to you and tell you more about our department. To find out more about our department visit the About Us page.
- Monthly access to four hours of hands-on Continuing Education designed to help you satisfy the requirements of the Texas Department State Health Services
- Frequent access to CPR Training (AHA Health Care Provider Level)
- Utilization of state of the art Emergency Medical Services equipment
- Excellent support for the department’s suppression and rescue elements
- Positive working relationship with area law enforcement agencies to better assure personal safety
- Department insurance will pay for medical expenses if you are injured in the line of duty
- Enjoy the excitement and personal satisfaction of being a part of an emergency services team. Get to do what others only see on TV!